Monday, August 31, 2009

Messy Mud Football



Saturday we went to the stake mud football game and BBQ. I tried to get a couple of pictures and I got one video but within the first five minutes my camera was clobbered with goopy mud. I was on baby patrol so I didn't get in on any of the football action but Tim had a great time getting smeared
.
I had such a great time and it brought back so many great memories of growing up in Pima, playing in the ditches and mud, and having our family football games. My cousin Tim hasn't forgotten and it's so adorable how when he introduces me to anyone he has says "this is my cousin Sharla", and then immediately has to let everyone know that I'm this huge Tom boy ... and then he retells of my glory days of making these amazing touch downs and still in shock he always says "she caught the ball and she knew which way to run with it....it was so amazing". It's so funny. Just cause I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't know how to play football. I guess I have my five brothers to thank for making me such a brute. It's a little embarrassing and I hate when he has to tell ever that I'm basically not a woman, but I guess I'm used to being known as one of the guys. Someday I'll grow my woman wings hopefully. The girls had so much fun in the mud and didn't want to leave,
well actually poor Kylee was stuck and couldn't leave if she wanted to.
We hosed them down and ate some delicious food. Thanks Aaron for tackling Kiora into the mud, I'm sad I didn't get that on camera but if you listen closely you can hear the take down in the back ground--Hilarious Nothing says I'm a big tough man like tackling a little girl in the mud. LOL Aaron you're my hero, and I'm sure Kiora will always remember the day she took on the big tough cop in a ring of mud grrr. I'm going to be so sad when we move--I love all you amazing Maricopa people and we had so much fun here.









No comments:

Post a Comment