Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Camping Trip

We loaded up the car and took Kylee and Kamryn on their first camping trip. We found out that Kamryn can last about 5 hours in the car without getting carsick and unfortunately the trip was 6 hours so we were off to a little messy start, and we were way behind schedule because Tim had to replace a part on our car and we had to stop and buy a tent on the way, so everyone was worried and started driving around looking for us because it was after dark, but we finally made it to camp about 10:30 pm, only 6 hours late, and ate dinner, put up our tent and went to bed--well almost. I woke up in the middle of the night unable to breath, with uncontrollable shakes, my heart was racing and very nauseous and sick. I don't remember ever being that sick in my entire life and had no clue what was wrong and of course I thought I was going to die, but I'm here writing this blog so I'm pleased to say I survived. The next morning we told everyone that I was sick and we were going home, and when we described what was going on we found out it was altitude sickness and my father-n-law gets sick as well for the first night, and it's common with people with heart problems. The girls were having so much fun and I was told it would only be for the first day, so we decided to stay, and I'm so glad we did. I've never seen three little girls have so much fun and get so dirty. We played horse shoes, ladder golf, had a pick nick in a field of flowers, hiked, roasted smores, they played in a stream, chased butterflies, pick flowers, roasted hot dogs, and had just an amazing time. Sadly I got sick again the second night so we cut our trip a day short, but we will definitely be camping again real soon, but try to camp at elevations lower than 9,000 feet and hopefully that will prevent me from getting so sick. What a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment